History

Louis and William Blake established the original orchard plantation known as Blake Brother's Orchard in the spring of 1949. All trees planted were of the standard variety with 32 trees per acre. Since then their nephew David John Griffiths took over the farm in 1981. The orchard was renamed Blake's Apple Orchard and has now been replaced with high density trees which produce ten popular apple varieties. These apples are sold at the farm store and also to local venders in surrounding communities.

blakes apple orchard Blakes Apple Orchard Circa 1960
Blakes apple orchard Harvest autumn of 1982
Preparing land for new plantation, spring 1983
blakes apple orchard Blakes Apple Orchard Summer 1987

 

519.887.6972
42933 ST Michaels RD
Brussels Ontario
N0G1H0